- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- CVS Caremark research identifies optimal elements of effective VBID plans
ALEXANDRIA, Va. Musician and reality TV star Bret Michaels recently shared his struggles with Type 1 diabetes and related health issues with the American Diabetes Association's consumer magazine, Diabetes Forecast.
In an interview with his brain surgeon, Joseph Zabramski, Michaels disclosed his various health problems in the past year, including an emergency appendectomy and a life-threatening subarachnoid hemorrhage, which is classified as bleeding at the base of the brain. From his goal for A1C tests to his musical, TV and book projects for 2011, Michaels shares how Type 1 diabetes has helped him make improvements to his health and well-being.
Click here to read more.