- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Kroger CEO David Dillon to retire in January, successor named
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
SALISBURY, N.C. — Bottom Dollar Food announced grand opening dates for its first 14 stores in the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, markets, with its first seven stores opening on Jan. 26. Seven additional stores will open on Feb. 9.
In addition to its new stores in Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, Bottom Dollar Food remains focused on continuing to expand in the greater Philadelphia market, which currently encompasses 24 stores in the state of Pennsylvania and five stores in New Jersey. After the 14 grand openings in January and February, Bottom Dollar Food will operate 43 stores in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Bottom Dollar Food opened its first store in High Point, N.C., on Sept. 21, 2005.
As previously reported, Bottom Dollar Food's parent company, Delhaize America, announced it will close underperforming stores and convert several stores into Food Lion stores.