- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
- Six cities score grant awards for childhood obesity prevention
- Mediterranean diet may reduce risk of diabetes
FERNDALE, Wash. — Botanical Labs on Monday launched a bariatric-focused line of liquid dietary supplements called Wellesse Bariatric Liquid Solutions.
According to the company, bariatric surgical treatment is one of the faster growing options to assist with weight loss. Weight-loss surgery patients have special pre- and post-surgery nutritional requirements. Wellesse targets specific nutrient deficiencies within the weight loss surgery community with the same dedication offered to existing consumers.
"Supplements are important post-bariatric surgery to ensure people are meeting their daily needs," stated Michelle Tegenkamp of Oregon Health Sciences University. "Wellesse supplements, in their liquid form, are easy to take and provide many important micronutrients."
The Wellesse Bariatric Liquid Solutions line of products targets the most common vitamin and mineral deficiencies specific to bariatric patients, such as vitamin A, B-12 and B-complex, iron, calcium and vitamin D.