- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- CRN's Annual Symposium for the Dietary Supplement Industry to host panel on guarding against class-action suits
- NIH launches Web database for dietary supplement labels
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
FERNDALE, Wash. — Botanical Labs on Monday recalled 38 bottles of its 33.8-oz. "Wellesse Digestive 3 in 1 Health" liquid dietary supplement and 275 bottles of its 16-oz. "Wellesse Digestive Health 3 in 1" liquid dietary supplement, because of a potential contamination with salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration advised consumers Thursday.
According to the recall release, Botanical Labs was informed by raw ingredient supplier Corn Product on May 29 that one of its ingredients used to make "Digestive 3 in 1 Health" had tested positive for salmonella.
To date, raw material received and tested by Botanical Labs have tested negative for salmonella, according to Botanical. To date, no lots of "Digestive 3 in 1 Health" final product have tested positive for salmonella, the company added.
The product being recalled was distributed after May 1.