- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. Borba, a maker of nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals, is expanding its portfolio with an exclusive Walgreens capsule collection of skin care products and supplements.
The 19-piece collection ranges from advancements in skin care, such as a 4-in-1 active cleanser to a 100+ SPF cream for mass. In addition, a supplement line encompassing weight management, anti-aging, skin clarity and stress relief in a snack-based form are priced from $9.99.
"Today, women are shopping at retail channels for beauty innovations," stated creator and celebrity esthetician Scott-Vincent Borba. "No longer are cutting-edge, clinically advanced formulas only found at the doctor's office or department store. I specifically created my Borba Walgreens capsule collection as a way to make my celebrity techniques and approach accessible to all women and am already experiencing an overwhelming response from advanced pre-ordering availability."
To help kick off the national January 2011 debut, Borba has authored a beauty book based on his "inside-out" approach. The book, titled "Skintervention: The Personalized Solution for Healthier, Younger and Flawless-Looking Skin," includes secret celebrity tips, skin-benefiting recipes, lifestyle recommendations and celebrity testimonials.