WASHINGTON The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the voluntary recall of Bonne Bell children’s cosmetics accessory bags due to a risk of lead exposure.
No injuries or incidents have been reported, according to the commission.
The cosmetics accessory bags, sold at retail stores and Bonne Bell’s Web site between September 2007 and August 2008, have a metal clasp on the handle that contains excessive levels of lead, which is toxic if ingested and can cause adverse health effects, the commission stated. The bags were manufactured in China and retail for about $9.
The recalled accessory bags are made of plastic and have a zipper and carrying handle. They come with an assortment of cosmetic products, which are not part of the recall. The model name and UPC numbers are located on the hangtag. The recalled model names and UPC numbers involved in the recall are:
- SMACKERS Sweet Treats Collection UPC 0 50051 50575 7
- SMACKERS Sparkle & Shine Collection UPC 0 50051 50576 4
- SMACKERS Glam It Up Collection UPC 0 50051 50577 1
- BONNEBELL Natural Neutrals Collection UPC 0 50051 22640 9
- BONNEBELL Pretty Pinks Collection UPC 0 50051 22641 6
- BONNEBELL Fresh Pinks Collection UPC 0 50051 22642 3
- BONNEBELL Glamorous Neutrals Collection UPC 0 50051 22643 0