- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Hero Nutritionals' Slice of Life Sugar Free Multi+ recognized for low glycemic impact
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Bolthouse Farms has announced that the American Heart Association has certified its 100% carrot juice, baby carrots and cello carrots.
The products now will tout a heart checkmark on each label, the company said, which indicates the products meet the nutritional standards the American Heart Association sets for foods and beverages.
"The American Heart Association's certification formally declares what nutritionists have long known: carrots and carrot juice are an excellent part of a heart-healthy diet," Bolthouse Farms CEO Jeff Dunn said. "The heart-check mark on our packaging can be a beacon for consumers looking to live healthy, active lives."