- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
- Former radio personality Radene Marie Cook rues 'fail first' treatment plans for chronic pain
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Survey shines spotlight on treatment of pain sufferers by healthcare providers
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
NEWTON SQUARE, Pa. — Boiron is making headway introducing a whole new natural external pain reliever into the mass outlet, having earlier this year won distribution through Walgreens and Duane Reade of its arnica gel Arnicare. And Arnicare already is the natural channel’s fastest-growing homeopathic topical pain relief brand, experiencing growth of 67.5% against sales of $5.9 million for the 52 weeks ended April 17, according to Nielsen.
In promoting the new mass brand, Boiron is targeting women ages 25 to 64 years with everyday muscle pain. According to Boiron research, 89% of women experience muscle pain, and 63% experience weekly pain.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Pain Relief Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.