- Study: Type 2 diabetes market competition heats up amid disease rate increase
- Research Now launches diabetes panel
- Three new Takeda diabetes drugs become available
- Report: Sugar accounts for 17% of normal U.S. diet as Type 2 diabetes accounts for $500 billion in global healthcare spending
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., and INDIANAPOLIS — Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly will present data from their diabetes portfolio at the 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes in Lisbon, Portugal.
The drug makers will make seven presentations, including study results evaluating linagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor, as well as empagliflozin (BI-10773), an investigational sodium-dependent glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor. Additionally, a long-term study evaluating the efficacy and safety of linagliptin in patients with Type 2 diabetes was selected by EASD as an oral presentation.
Linagliptin in the 5-mg strength was approved in May by the Food and Drug Administration under the trade name Tradjenta.