- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. — BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy will notify physicians within two hours whether a patient has been accepted for treatment, the company said.
BioPlus said the new "2-Hour Patient Acceptance Guarantee" program would let physicians know if their patients could be admitted pending insurance qualifications or would not be admitted and triaged to another pharmacy.
"Patients who are referred to a specialty pharmacy face complex conditions," BioPlus senior director of admissions Amanda Brown said. "It's a scary time for patients, and the last thing they need is to wait days wondering if their specialty — and possibly life-saving — medication can be filled at our pharmacy."
The company said it would back the guarantee by donating $10 to the patient foundation of the physician's choice for every referral that takes more than two hours to process, as well as $2 for every referral processed within two hours.