- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Reports: Mich. bill would allow marijuana sales in pharmacies
SHARON HILL, Pa. — Specialty infusion pharmacy company Biomed Pharmaceuticals has named Craig Mears as SVP sales and marketing, the company said Friday.
Mears will assume the new position effective immediately. He has more than 26 years of experience in sales, patient advocacy, product development, marketing, operations and clinical program development, most recently working for Biogen Idec's hemophilia business. He also has worked for Express Scripts' specialty pharmacy division, Accredo.
Biomed also appointed Leo Gianacopoulos as SVP pharmacy operations, effective immediately. Most recently, Gianacopoulos worked as VP operations for BioScrip, in charge of infusion operations and established operations for the company's national hemophilia program.
"We welcome Craig and Leo to the executive management team," Biomed CEO Gaston Bernstein said. "We have positioned our company to execute on our growth strategy and to deliver superior healthcare programs and services to our patients, referral sources, advocacy groups, payers and pharmaceutical manufacturer partners."