- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
GREENVILLE, S.C. — Bi-Lo on Thursday announced that all in-store pharmacies now offer “Refill Sync,” a free service that synchronizes customers’ maintenance medication prescriptions so that all scripts — regardless of refill dates — can be filled at the same time.
“We know our customers don’t have time to make multiple trips to the pharmacy each month to pick up their prescriptions,” stated John Fegan, Bi-Lo VP pharmacy. “With Refill Sync, it makes no difference when scripts were originally prescribed, we can synchronize them all.”
Customers must opt into the Refill Sync program. Once enrolled, customers choose the most convenient date for prescriptions to be filled and receive a courtesy call a week before to verify any changes. After the prescriptions have been filled, Bi-Lo pharmacists will call customers to confirm they are ready for pickup. Pharmacists also will provide consultations to customers to discuss any questions, problems or concerns about their health or medication.
This service also is available in all Winn-Dixie pharmacies, which are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie pharmacies use the same operating system, which allows pharmacists to access a customer’s information at any location.