- Bi-Lo Holdings launches Paws 'Feed the Love' Community Donation Program
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Bi-Lo Holdings to rebrand 17 Sweetbay stores under its Winn-Dixie banner
- Bi-Lo Holdings to remodel 21 Piggly Wiggly locations under the Bi-Lo banner
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The philanthropic arm of supermarket operator Bi-Lo Holdings is donating more than $3 million to charities in the South, the company said.
The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation said it would donate about $3.2 million to 281 non-profit organizations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, particularly organizations focused on hunger, education, health, women and children. Bi-Lo Holdings operates the Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie supermarket banners.
"The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is thankful for the immense support and contributions of our suppliers that enable us to provide these funds to the local organizations who work tirelessly to make our communities better places to live," Bi-Lo Holdings SVP marketing and foundation president Mary Kellmanson said. "We look forward to growing our relationships with these organizations over the next year."