- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Reports: Bi-Lo to retire Sweetbay, Reid's brands
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo Holdings to remodel 21 Piggly Wiggly locations under the Bi-Lo banner
- Bi-Lo Holdings acquires 22 Piggly Wigglys across South Carolina, Georgia
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The philanthropic arm of supermarket operator Bi-Lo Holdings is donating more than $3 million to charities in the South, the company said.
The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation said it would donate about $3.2 million to 281 non-profit organizations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, particularly organizations focused on hunger, education, health, women and children. Bi-Lo Holdings operates the Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie supermarket banners.
"The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is thankful for the immense support and contributions of our suppliers that enable us to provide these funds to the local organizations who work tirelessly to make our communities better places to live," Bi-Lo Holdings SVP marketing and foundation president Mary Kellmanson said. "We look forward to growing our relationships with these organizations over the next year."