- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie offer prescriptions at no upfront cost to insurance marketplace enrollees
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Bi-Lo Holding, parent company of Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, on Tuesday announced a long-term agreement under which Keene, N.H.-based C&S Wholesale Grocers will provide warehouse, transportation and most procurement services for all 480 Winn-Dixie stores and continue providing services to all 206 Bi-Lo stores.
“We believe this deal will allow us to leverage the experience and buying power of C&S so that we can continue to reinvest in our company and focus on selling great products at a good value to our customers,” stated Randall Onstead, president and CEO of Bi-Lo Holding.
By the end of the year, Winn-Dixie’s six distribution centers and the functions that support them, will be transitioned.
“We thank our Winn-Dixie distribution center associates for their contributions over the years,” added Onstead. “While we are saying goodbye to them as part of the Winn-Dixie family, we are very pleased that this transition provides them with continued employment. In addition, they will provide C&S with the knowledge and experience needed for a smooth transition."
C&S has provided procurement, warehouse and transportation services for Bi-Lo since 2005.