- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
GREENVILLE, S.C. — Bi-Lo on Wednesday launched in all of its pharmacies a prescription program that significantly enhances the offerings of its existing program. The expanded program runs through the Bi-Lo BonusCard and offers deep discounts on more than 450 generic medications and varied discounts on name-brand and other generic medication.
“Not everyone has insurance or health benefits that adequately cover prescriptions,” stated John Fegan, VP pharmacy for Bi-Lo. “This expanded program offers significantly deeper services to our customers, provides a wider array of discounted medications and is significantly easier for our customers to use now that it runs directly through our BonusCard."
For an annual enrollment fee of $5, customers with a Bi-Lo BonusCard can realize expanded benefits, including:
- A $5 store coupon automatically loaded to the customer’s BonusCard;
- $4 30-day and $10 90-day generic prescription pricing on an extensive list of more than 450 generic drugs;
- Discounts on brands and other generic medications;
- A list of free antibiotics;
- Free blood pressure medication, including Lisinopril 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg; and
- Free diabetes medication including, Metformin 500 mg, 850 mg, and 1,000 mg immediate release tablets.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.