- Study: Limiting NPs' scope of practice leads to higher costs
- Nurses, pharmacists rank highest in Gallup poll measuring honesty and high ethical standards
- AANP urges legislators to follow FTC lead against practice restrictions
- Winner of Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association competition named
- Columbia nursing dean applauds VHA recognition of NPs as independent providers
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — BestNursingDegree.com, an education and career resource for current and aspiring nurses, has announced the winners of this year’s “Back to School” nursing scholarships.
The scholarships, in the amount of $2,500 each, were created to support nursing education at various levels. Winners were chosen from a pool of more than 500 applicants on the strength of their academic and extracurricular records. The winners are as follows:
Donna Holder of Pickens, S.C., who will be attending Chamberlain College of Nursing, was selected for the RN to BSN scholarship;
Benjamin Hilliard of Littleton, Colo., was the recipient of the Accelerated BSN scholarship and is enrolled in the nursing program at the University of Colorado; and
Tresa Zielinski of Chicago was awarded a scholarship to pursue her DNP degree at Rush University.
Scholarship America, an administrator of private scholarships, managed the scholarship program. BestNursingDegree.com will begin accepting applications for the next round of the "Back to School" nursing scholarships in March 2012.