- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Supervalu reorganizes independent business unit
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu's group VP independent sales, marketing and merchandising is stepping into a new role at the company.
Leon Bergmann will become president of the retailer's independent business organization, Supervalu announced Thursday. Bergmann is replacing Mark Anderson, who is retiring this summer.
In his new role, Bergmann will be responsible for the overall strategy and growth of the independent retail segment of Supervalu's business, while continuing to oversee the independent sales, marketing and merchandising team, as well as leading the independent business regions positioned throughout the United States. Bergmann will begin to assume his new responsibilities immediately, Supervalu said.
“We believe Leon’s strength and innovation in sales, his understanding of and passion for the independent retail business and Supervalu’s wholesale model, as well as his breadth of experience within the very competitive wholesale landscape nationwide, make him ideally suited for this position,” Supervalu president and CEO Craig Herkert said.