BELLEVUE, Wash. Drugstore.com is providing a facelift for its site Beauty.com with a new contemporary design to be released this fall, the company announced Wednesday.
Customers shopping at www.beauty.com will experience a more personalized, up-close shopping experience with Web 2.0 technologies such as the new product zoom feature magnifying the texture and tone of cheek, lip and eye shades.
“Our goal is to create the best beauty shopping experience online with features and tools to assist our customers in making the personal choices that are right for them,” stated Dawn Lepore, president, chief executive officer and chairman of drugstore.com. “This is only the beginning of our plans to bring a department store makeup counter experience to our customers online.”
Beauty.com expects to introduce additional interactive tools this fall to assist customers as they shop from a selection of more than 200 prestige beauty brands such as NARS, Philosophy, and Frederic Fekkai. New features available now include:
- Product Zoom - Magnification of multiple product views create the sense of “touch and feel” online. Especially helpful with color cosmetics that have shimmer or texture, and for shade matching;
- Multiple Shopping Options - Easier to shop and search in brand specific stores, by category or price, by ingredient or trend, and read customer reviews of top-rated products;
- Fragrance Finder - Search and shop by scent categories such as floral, woody and fresh;
- Expert Advice - Meet industry insiders in “Videos” or click on “Latest Trends” to learn expert tips and tricks for makeup application, skincare and hair care advice;
- Sample Center - Interactively choose up to three free samples with any Beauty.com purchase.
“We redesigned Beauty.com after speaking extensively with beauty customers and industry experts,” stated Kathleen McNeill, vice president of beauty for Beauty.com and drugstore.com. “The new site now offers customers numerous options for navigating our vast assortment of high-end beauty products whether it’s an in-depth search for ingredients, products linked to the latest trends, or a favorite brand.”