- Eat Well, Test Well: Bayer HealthCare and dLife Healthcare Solutions launch diabetes resource
- Patients on Type 2 diabetes drugs may experience dangerously low blood sugar despite lack of disease control, study finds
- Study: Type 2 diabetes market competition heats up amid disease rate increase
- Three new Takeda diabetes drugs become available
- Research Now launches diabetes panel
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. Bayer on Wednesday received a silver Medical Design Excellence Award for its Countour USB meter, the company announced. The MDEA recognizes excellence in medical product design and manufacturing.
"Winning a Medical Design Excellence Award is quite an honor," stated Rick Kates, Bayer global senior director, digital health. "We're gratified that the innovation and hard work that went into bringing this product to life has been so richly recognized.”
With the Countour USB meter, up to 2,000 stored blood glucose measurements can be transferred wirelessly. The blood-glucose measurements are displayed in graph or table form using an integrated diabetes management software that provides diabetes patients and healthcare professionals with access to blood sugar data and trends to help optimize diabetes management.