- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- USPSTF: Not enough evidence on taking supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease or cancer
MORRISTOWN, N.J. Bayer Consumer Care on Tuesday introduced two new gender-specific multivitamins: One A Day Menopause Formula and One A Day Men’s Pro Edge.
One A Day Menopause Formula is a complete multivitamin formulated with soy isoflavones to help address hot flashes and mild mood changes.
"It can often be a challenge for women going through this new life stage to get the nutrients they need," stated diet and nutrition expert Madelyn Fernstrom. "Even with a healthy diet, supplementation may be needed to get adequate amounts of the nutrients important to this age group, particularly vitamin D and calcium. This can help support a healthy lifestyle for women as they enter this stage of their lives."
In addition, women going through menopause now have a new resource for information. LiveMenopause.com is dedicated to providing information about menopause and connecting women to others who are going through this stage of life.
Meanwhile, One A Day Men's Pro Edge is a complete multivitamin that contains high levels of magnesium and vitamins A, B, C and E.
"Because men who are physically active exert more energy, they have an increased need for some nutrients to help their bodies refuel," Fernstrom said. "Though diet is the first source for nutritional needs, supplementation with a multivitamin can help provide extra nutrients to support optimal health for the busy, active man."