- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Regional chains, independents can play the innovation game, too
- Reports: Kroger to expand Little Clinic footprint as part of healthcare play
- Skeeter Snacks to launch in New England Walgreens
SEATTLE — Regional chain Bartell Drugs is partnering with a charity group to launch a food-collection program.
The 58-store, Seattle-based chain announced a partnership with Food Lifeline to sponsor the Bartell's Community Food Drive to replenish local food banks over the summer. The program, scheduled to last from May 28 to June 10, is designed to help families that normally depend on free and reduced-price school meals and may struggle to provide healthy meals at home.
The drive will collect nonperishable foods, baby products and health and personal care products at all of the chain's stores. The chain said it has collected more than 60,000 lbs. of food for local food banks through summer food drives since 2009.