- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- Minute Maid Pulpy gains $1 billion in retail sales
- Chinese retailer eyes GNC
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- Bartell's sells Chia Fremont Troll
SEATTLE — Retail pharmacy chain Bartell Drugs and Coca-Cola's Northwest Region division will offer free ice skates and admission for the Winterfest program at the Seattle Center on Dec. 23 from mid-day to evening, the companies said Wednesday.
"Bartell Drugs is proud to be a part of Seattle and its surrounding communities," Bartell VP sales John Weith said. "Our customers are the reason for Bartell's success over the years, and because of that, we are always looking for ways to give back. We have been working to help keep Seattle families healthy for over 122 years, so the Winterfest program is a natural fit for our customers."
Coca-Cola's sponsorship is part of its "Live Positively" philosophy of community involvement, the company said, and part of its efforts to promote physical activity and nutrition education programs.