- Banana Boat develops new multibenefit sunscreen lotions
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- FDA, CDC affirm safety of Mead Johnson's Enfamil; tests for Cronobacter negative
- Changing Channels: Dry-All smart-phone drying kit, ThinkEco modlet, BodyFit Yoga mat and more
- Orgain's meal-replacement drinks carry organic seal
SHELTON, Conn. — Banana Boat sun care has kicked off its "101 Days of Summer" daily giveaway of prizes to help educate families on how to best protect themselves this summer.
The 101 daily prizes, will be awarded to fans on Facebook.com/BananaBoatBrand and Twitter at @BananaBoat. Prizes, which include Banana Boat product, beach totes, beach towels, gas cards and Visa gift cards, range in value to upward of $300.
With the help of The Skin Cancer Foundation and sun experts, Banana Boat will share advice and sun safety tips with families across the country and encourage them to get "Sun Certified."
Earlier this spring, Banana Boat set out to raise $101,000 for The Skin Cancer Foundation by getting 101,000 consumers "Sun Certified" this sun season. Each consumer who takes a short Sun 101 quiz on the Banana Boat Facebook page receives a "Sun Certified" badge to feature on his or her profile, and triggers a $1 donation to support The Skin Cancer Foundation's education initiatives.
As part of its education initiative, Banana Boat also is teaming up with sun care experts, including two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and U.S. Women's Soccer Team captain Christie Rampone, dermatologist Julie Karen and family lifestyle expert Amy Goodman. Over the course of the summer, these experts will share advice and host live conversations on the Banana Boat Facebook page.