- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- Former Giant-Landover president joins Schnucks
PLEASANTON, Calif. — After stepping into the role on an interim basis, Safeway has named Brian Baer president of its Dominick's Finer Foods banner.
Baer, who has served as acting president of Dominick's since July 2011 after the exit of Don Keprta, has been part of Dominick's parent Safeway since 2001. Prior to his role as president, Baer served as Dominick's CFO and VP finance.
"Brian has proven himself ideally-suited for the leadership role at Dominick's," Safeway chairman, president, and CEO Steve Burd said. "He has demonstrated himself to be a well-rounded executive who will serve this operating division well going forward."