- CVS Caremark names new president of CVS/pharmacy
- CVS' Bloom, Baker to lead chain's retail business on interim basis
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Magnacca's role at WAG expands
PLEASANTON, Calif. — After stepping into the role on an interim basis, Safeway has named Brian Baer president of its Dominick's Finer Foods banner.
Baer, who has served as acting president of Dominick's since July 2011 after the exit of Don Keprta, has been part of Dominick's parent Safeway since 2001. Prior to his role as president, Baer served as Dominick's CFO and VP finance.
"Brian has proven himself ideally-suited for the leadership role at Dominick's," Safeway chairman, president, and CEO Steve Burd said. "He has demonstrated himself to be a well-rounded executive who will serve this operating division well going forward."