- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
BETHLEHEM, Pa. — B. Braun has launched its Prontosan wound management gel — a product used in the healthcare setting for cleaning wounds, as well as moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings — for over-the-counter use.
The ready-to-use gel contains PHMB and betaine, the surfactant for the cleansing and moistening of wounds. Its nontoxic and biocompatible formula also offers excellent skin tolerance, the company said.
"Effective wound care management no longer needs to be limited to within healthcare facility walls," said Mike Kelly, director of marketing, infection control products for B. Braun. "The 510(k) clearance [which occurred in November 2010] for OTC use of Prontosan wound management gel advances B. Braun's commitment to infection prevention, helping to provide solutions that positively impact patients' care in a physician's office, acute care setting or in a patient's home."