- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Registered dietitians most likely to practice what they preach
- Vitamin Shoppe announces opening of 500th store
- Council for Responsible Nutrition, Natural Products Association respond to British Medical Journal meta-analysis
- Vestcom launches shelf solution to ease confusion shopping supplements
There is really no one factor driving sales of supplements today; there are a lot of factors. Consumer awareness and positive perception is on an upward trajectory, thanks in part to a number of published studies establishing the health benefit and need for supplements like vitamin D. The recession also has fostered consumer gravitation toward more self-care solutions.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Supplements Mid-Year Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.