- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Upsher-Smith sells women's health portfolio to Vertical Pharmaceuticals
- Study: Vitamin D supplementation may augment chronic hive therapy
- Study: Derivative of vitamin A helps turn pre-cancer cells back to normal healthy breast cells
There is really no one factor driving sales of supplements today; there are a lot of factors. Consumer awareness and positive perception is on an upward trajectory, thanks in part to a number of published studies establishing the health benefit and need for supplements like vitamin D. The recession also has fostered consumer gravitation toward more self-care solutions.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Supplements Mid-Year Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.