- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Avella Specialty Pharmacy recognized as one of 100 'Mid-Market Elite' companies
PHOENIX — A managed Medicaid health plan has selected Avella Specialty Pharmacy as its preferred specialty pharmacy partner, Avella said Wednesday.
Avella announced that under the agreement, with Care1st Health Plan Arizona, Avella would deliver specialty services to members, dispensing specialty drugs and providing patient consultation and adherence monitoring. Care1st contracts with MedImpact Healthcare Systems for pharmacy benefit management services.
"We are pleased to partner with Care1st to provide specialty pharmacy services to its members," Avella VP managed markets Kevin James said. "Avella's mission is to optimize patient health, and through this collaboration with Care1st and MedImpact, we will be able to provide a unique level of service to these patients."