- CareMed selected to distribute Tarceva
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Onco360 joins limited-distribution network for Tarceva
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
- FDA to recommend rescheduling of opioid painkiller hydrocodone from CIII to CII
PHOENIX — Avella Specialty Pharmacy will be included in the limited-distribution network for a cancer drug made by Genentech, Avella said Tuesday.
The specially pharmacy company said it would be included in the network to sell Tarceva (erlotinib), an orally administered drug used to treat non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Genentech will shift distribution of Tarceva to a select group of pharmacies starting July 1 to align its distribution with that of similar cancer drugs.
"Being included in such an elite group of suppliers is a testament to our business model in the oral oncology market," Avella VP of business development Leslie Yendro said. "Manufacturers like Genentech recognize Avella's ability to serve patients in all 50 states and to provide high-touch patient services and reliable product data to ensure maximum drug effectiveness."