- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Dr. Reddy's to launch generic Prevacid
- New P&G initiative may create clash of the OTC titans
PHOENIX — Avella Specialty Pharmacy will be included in the limited-distribution network for a cancer drug made by Genentech, Avella said Tuesday.
The specially pharmacy company said it would be included in the network to sell Tarceva (erlotinib), an orally administered drug used to treat non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Genentech will shift distribution of Tarceva to a select group of pharmacies starting July 1 to align its distribution with that of similar cancer drugs.
"Being included in such an elite group of suppliers is a testament to our business model in the oral oncology market," Avella VP of business development Leslie Yendro said. "Manufacturers like Genentech recognize Avella's ability to serve patients in all 50 states and to provide high-touch patient services and reliable product data to ensure maximum drug effectiveness."