- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Allscripts introduces Population Health Analytics
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
MILWAUKEE — Aurora Health Care said it would be the first healthcare system in Milwaukee to receive federal recognition for adopting electronic health records, the organization said.
Beginning this month, hospitals and other healthcare providers can register their intent to achieve “meaningful use” of EHRs and qualify for federal incentive payments, part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Six of Aurora’s hospitals are registered in the incentive program. The organization also runs a network of retail pharmacies in the region.