- Surescripts launches open platform for docs
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- NACDS urging flexible health IT approach as HHS works to adjust patient records law
- At CES, Walgreens’ medical chief cites advances in multichannel technology to boost access to care
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
MILWAUKEE — Aurora Health Care said it would be the first healthcare system in Milwaukee to receive federal recognition for adopting electronic health records, the organization said.
Beginning this month, hospitals and other healthcare providers can register their intent to achieve “meaningful use” of EHRs and qualify for federal incentive payments, part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Six of Aurora’s hospitals are registered in the incentive program. The organization also runs a network of retail pharmacies in the region.