- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
DENVER — Looking to inspire weight loss among consumers, a maker of weight-management products is kicking off a new multiplatform marketing campaign.
Centered around Atkins' free weight-loss kit — which includes the quick-start guide, chef recipe booklet, sample two-week induction meal plan, pocket carb counter with acceptable foods lists, $3 book rebate for the bestselling "The New Atkins for a New You" and three free Atkins bars — the new campaign will include advertising, online initiatives and a unique chef recipe program.
Additionally, actress Courtney Thorne-Smith once again is joining the campaign as Atkins' spokewoman.
Monty Sharma, Atkins Nutritionals CEO, said the company's campaign builds off its success in 2010. "The Atkins kit is unique in that it offers all the key information about Atkins for free, while providing consumers with practical tools, such as three free bars and a quick-start guide, to launch people on their weight-loss journey," Sharma said.