- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
FRISCO, Texas — Assured Pharmacy officially has opened the doors of its Kansas City location, making it the company's fifth specialty pharmacy.
The Kansas City pharmacy employs staff specifically trained to work with physicians' offices in the surrounding region to ensure that the prescription process for pain medications is handled in the ideal manner, the company said.
"The opening of our Kansas City store marks a major milestone in our growth strategy," Assured Pharmacy CEO Robert DelVecchio said. "The new pharmacy will benefit from the most recent enhancements to our business model, which utilizes past experience and best practices derived from the development of our other pharmacies. As a result of our historical experience and careful planning, the Kansas City pharmacy was opened on schedule and within our budget. We are excited to serve the needs of physicians and chronic pain patients in this region of the country."