- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Armada Health Care and Emdeon have entered an agreement to support prior authorization management through Armada’s ReachRx suite of services, Armada said.
Emdeon — which contracts with pharmacies and their service providers to simplify and improve end-to-end prescription processes — will use its network to support and enhance prior authorization management for Armada member pharmacies, automating data exchange in real-time and aligning the solutions with standard pharmacy workflow. Armada said those services would enhance its ability to offer member pharmacies “a turnkey solution to managing time-consuming prior authorizations both quickly and effectively.”
According to Armada, the inability of pharmacies to provide effective prior authorization services resulted in patient attrition and lost revenue, because the pharmacies could not handle the submission of clinical documentation and extensive follow-up with prescribers unless they had necessary staffing and resources.
Armada’s prior authorization services include automatic transfer of claims data to the Armada platform, status follow-up with prescriber and payer, co-pay assistance information, real-time status updates via the Armada Web portal and full HIPAA compliance.