- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
PHILADELPHIA — Hemispherx Biopharma and Armada Health Care have entered a sales and marketing agreement for a drug designed to treat genital warts.
The two companies announced Tuesday an agreement under which Hemispherx will manufacture and supply Alferon N injection (interferon alfa-n3 [human leukocyte derived]) to physicians and patients through Armada's national specialty pharmacy network. Specialty distributor BioRidge Pharma will warehouse, ship and distribute the drug, the companies said.
"We are very pleased to have completed our discussions with Hemispherx and are excited to start preparing for the planned launch of Alferon N injection," Armada VP sales and marketing Brian Burke said. "As the only natural interferon approved in the U.S., we think Alferon N injection has great potential in our market."