- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
- Sears Holdings partners with FitStudio to offer reward points for walking, running
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — More than 150 programmers competed over three days to develop mobile apps that interface with Sears Holdings' Shop Your Way loyalty program as part of the retailer's Startup + Developer Challenge code-a-thon.
The retailer announced Tuesday the winners of the contest, Team Omega Ortega, which developed the grand prize-winning app, The Chore Score, and received a test budget from the company. The app is designed to give kids an incentive to do their chores, developing a chore list, tracking their progress and earning reward points for doing chores that can be redeemed within the app, online or in the store.
"Part of our transformation into the world's greatest integrated retailer is our ongoing commitment to drive industry-leading innovation, fueled by world-class talent, Sears Holdings EVP and president for marketing, online, pricing and financial services said. "The Sears Startup + Developer Challenge showcased to some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley how we've used technology to make the shopping experience convenient and rewarding for our Shop Your Way members to drive the business."
Are you a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant? Join our Facebook group to get all the latest news dedicated to delivering healthcare services to patients in retail pharmacy clinics.