WASHINGTON — To provide pharmacist a detail description of each step in the comprehensive medication review, the American Pharmacists Association has published How to Conduct a Comprehensive Medication Review: A Guidebook for Pharmacists, the association has announced.
The new guide covers such areas as:
- Recruiting and scheduling patients;
- Preparing for the CMR;
- Conducting the CMR;
- Identifying and assessing patients’ medication-related problems;
- Documenting the CMR encounter and action plan;
- Billing for the MTM service; and
- Evaluating the impact of the service.
“Concept application” exercises throughout the guidebook help reinforce pharmacists’ mastery of the process. Ten appendices include examples of marketing materials, data collection forms and a billing template.
The guide is priced at $15 ($12 for APhA members) and can be ordered online at Pharmacist.com/Shop or by phone at (800) 878-0729. It also will be available in April as an eBook through Amazon.com and other retailers. It will be posted April 29 to APhA’s online subscription product, PharmacyLibrary, the Association stated.