- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Rexall taps savvy vet Kelly for top merchant role
- Walgreens fine-tunes senior leadership, creates greater synergy between merchandising, operations arms
- Family Dollar names new SVP merchandising and announces search for new chief merchandising officer
MONTVALE, N.J. The restructuring of A&P's new management team under newly appointed president and CEO Sam Martin continued as the grocer announced the appointment of Tom O'Boyle to the new position of EVP, effective immediately.
In this role, O'Boyle will be responsible for leading the merchandising, marketing, supply and logistics departments, reporting to Martin.
"Tom is an expert merchant with a proven track record of aligning merchandising offers with exciting marketing programs to meet customers' needs. His appointment completes my dynamic executive management team, which will lead our company's turnaround initiative," Martin stated.
O'Boyle brings more than 25 years of retail experience in merchandising and marketing, including management positions at Jewel Food Stores and Albertsons. Prior to joining A&P, he was president and SVP food and drug for Sears. Before that, he served as SVP merchandising and marketing for Albertsons.