- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
MONTVALE, N.J. — Grocery A&P — which operates 320 stores, including The Food Emporium brand — has confirmed that it is looking to sell The Food Emporium business.
"We commenced a marketing process of The Food Emporium in early September. The Food Emporium represents a unique urban footprint that requires a specific go-to-market strategy. Therefore, we've made the decision to market these 16 Manhattan stores to a variety of prospective buyers. The sale will enable parent company A&P to support the company's long-term strategic vision to be the No. 1 food and drug store in every neighborhood it serves,” the company said in a statement sent to Drug Store News.
The troubled retailer emerged from bankruptcy in March as a privately held company.
The company also operates stores under the A&P, Best Cellars, Food Basics, Pathmark, Superfresh and Waldbaum's banners