- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
NEW YORK — Healthy Food Brands has introduced a new line of fruit snacks and gummies based on a popular Internet game.
New Angry Birds fruit snacks and gummies feature a variety of characters from the gaming application from Rovio Entertainment. Made with fruit juice, both product lines are fat-, nut- and gluten-free, and are available in cherry, lemon, raspberry, apple, grape and strawberry flavors.
Angry Birds fruit snacks are packaged in 2.25-oz. and 5-oz. peg bags with suggested retail prices of 89 cents and $1.59, respectively. The fruit snacks also are available as 10 packs with individual 0.9-oz. pouches.
Angry Bird gummies are available in 3.5-oz. theater boxes with a suggested retail price range of $1.29 to $1.69 and 5-oz. peg bags for a suggested retail price range of $1.49 to $1.69. Each pack features four collectible looks showcasing the red, yellow and blue birds, in addition to arch enemy green pig.