- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — Amneal last month launched its version of an epilepsy treatment.
The drug maker said that felbamate tablets are available in 400-mg and 600-mg strengths, following approval from the Food and Drug Administration last month. The drug is the first-to-market generic equivalent of Meda Pharmaceuticals' Felbatol, Amneal said.
The Amneal generic is available in 90-count bottles in 400-mg strength and 90- and 180-count sizes in 600-mg strength, the company said.
Annual U.S. sales of Felbatol totaled $43.7 million, according to IMS Health data.