- AmerisourceBergen reports Q4 results
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. — AmerisourceBergen on Wednesday reported $21.9 billion in revenue for its third quarter ended June 30, representing a sales lift of 13.3%. Amerisource credited the lift to a 16% increase in AmerisourceBergen Drug Corp. revenue and a 5% increase in AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group revenue.
“In our June quarter, AmerisourceBergen delivered solid performance and made significant progress on strategic initiatives,” stated Steven Collis, AmerisourceBergen president and CEO. “We completed two previously announced divestitures, obtained the required regulatory approvals on certain aspects of our new strategic long-term relationship with Walgreens and Alliance Boots, and have begun to prepare our network for the onboarding of the new Walgreens distribution contract in September," he said.
"We recently enhanced our financial flexibility by increasing the borrowing capacity of our revolver and our securitization programs. Not only are we on track to meet our objectives for the full fiscal year, but we have taken important steps to strengthen our ability to generate sustainable long term growth that benefits all of our stakeholders," Collis added.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.