- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. — AmerisourceBergen on Monday announced the launch of the company’s new Pharmacy Ownership Program, a new network with resources established to assist independent community pharmacists in selling their business to prospective buyers or expanding their current business to additional locations. In conjunction with the announcement, AmerisourceBergen launched Buysellpharmacy.com.
“We are committed to helping independent community pharmacies meet their business goals," AJ Caffentzis, SVP sales and marketing at Amerisource said. "We understand that the interest of a pharmacy owner may be different throughout the life of the business — whether a pharmacist is looking to expand their business to multiple locations, or looking to downsize in preparation for retirement and potentially sell their store,” he said. “Our team of experienced pharmacy ownership consultants is available to guide [a prospective owner] every step of the way and provide confidential assistance from the initial planning to final sale.”
Through the Pharmacy Ownership Program, current pharmacy owners who are looking to sell their business are matched with qualified buyers who are interested in purchasing an independent community pharmacy. AmerisourceBergen’s pharmacy ownership consultants assist both potential buyers and sellers, without a brokerage fee, to identify a location in the market area of interest, provide financing options with established bank partners, and finalize the sale.