- AmerisourceBergen reports Q4 results
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy, AmerisourceBergen to build five playgrounds
- Expect more retail pharmacy operators and wholesalers to accumulate significant transglobal frequent flyer miles
- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
PHOENIX — The Center for Healthcare Supply Chain Research, the research foundation of the Healthcare Distribution Management Association, and Genentech on Tuesday honored AmerisourceBergen CEO David Yost with the 2011 Nexus Award for Lifetime Achievement.
The award — presented at HDMA’s annual Business & Leadership Conference — is the distribution industry’s highest recognition, honoring exceptional character, accomplishments and leadership in HDMA, the industry and the community.
“Dave embodies all of the attributes of the Nexus Award through his industry and community leadership,” HDMA president and CEO John Gray said. “Throughout his distinguished career he has been a tireless champion for distributors and the customers they serve, yet through all his success and accomplishment, has remained humble and dedicated to his family and community.”
Yost has dedicated nearly 40 years of service to the healthcare distribution industry. He began his career in 1974 as a salesman for a predecessor company of AmeriSource Health Corp. He served in a variety of operational, sales and executive capacities, eventually becoming chairman and CEO of AmeriSource, which merged with Bergen Brunswig Corp. in 2001 to form AmerisourceBergen — one of the largest wholesalers in the United States. During his tenure, Yost has led his company to No. 27 on the Fortune 500.