- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Opportunities still knock as Walgreens enters new decade
ALEXANDRIA, Va. American Diabetes Month will be celebrated this November, and the group leading the fight to end the disease is encouraging others to join the movement.
Shortly after announcing that "Celebrity Apprentice" winner and Poison frontman Bret Michaels joined its "Stop Diabetes" movement, the American Diabetes Association has launched the "Share Your Vision to Stop Diabetes" video contest, and has asked Americans to:
- Become advocates for the cause;
- Learn how to survive the holidays;
- Give their time and passion; or
- Donate funds to support diabetes research, information and advocacy programs.
With nearly 24 million children and adults afflicted with the disease in the United States — and an additional 57 million at risk for Type 2 diabetes — diabetes has reached epidemic proportions, the association said.