- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Specialty pharmacy company Amber Pharmacy has implemented a prior authorization system provided by Armada Health Care, Amber said.
Amber announced that it had incorporated Armada's Web-based ApproveRx system into its daily pharmacy operations, saying that it would help simplify the prior authorization process for prescribers and pharmacies. Prior authorizations have traditionally required extra staffing time and resources to locate the correct form from thousands of different insurance forms varying by drug, payer and plan.
"Prescribers and pharmacies of all sizes are utilizing our ApproveRx.com site to improve their operational efficiencies and address the challenges of the prior authorization process," Armada CEO Lawrence Irene said. "ApproveRx instantaneously produces the correct insurance form for the drug entered by payer and plan. The process can be completed online and submitted by the user with a stroke of a key or printed for traditional faxing to the insurance carrier."