- Survey: Many social media users with health conditions willing to share health data
- Walgreens' cough-cold offering to be featured on TaskRabbit app
- Kroger named 2013 Retailer of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine
- WSJ: FDA to discuss updating monograph system
- Walgreens' Beth Stiller talks consumer shopping habits with Bloomberg Businessweek
NEW YORK — Allure magazine hosted on Sept. 14 this year's Best of Beauty event in New York at Jazz at Lincoln Center, where more than 400 guests celebrated the 15th unveiling of the magazine's coveted beauty awards.
The evening highlighted winners in categories ranging from makeup and skin care to fragrance and beauty tools, recognizing nearly 200 products in total.
Recognized by 65% of women across the country, the Best of Beauty seal is responsible for the sale of more than 85 million products every year.
Allure VP and publisher Agnes Chapski spoke to the high-level industry crowd about the significance of the Allure Best of Beauty Seal. Linda Wells, editor-in-chief of Allure, then addressed the audience, congratulating everyone on being the "best of the best in beauty." Wells also reminisced about the first-ever Allure Best of Beauty Awards, noting how she and her team of beauty editors hand-delivered flowers to each winner.
Each year, Allure's editorial team evaluates hundreds of items, representing thousands of hours of testing, to determine the products that are worthy of bearing the Allure Best of Beauty symbol.