- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- Expect more retail pharmacy operators and wholesalers to accumulate significant transglobal frequent flyer miles
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Boots' No7 Men skin care collection comes to Walgreens, Duane Reade
LONDON — Alliance Boots has continued to expand its presence in the global marketplace by opening its 200th store in Thailand.
The international pharmacy-led health and beauty group said the store — which was inaugurated by executive chairman Stefano Pessina, pharmaceutical wholesale division CEO Ornella Barra and health and beauty division CEO Alex Gourlay on Tuesday — is located in central Bangkok. Alliance Boots opened its first Boots store in Thailand in 1997, the company said.
"We are proud that Boots Thailand has become one of the largest health and beauty pharmacy chains in the country," Pessina said. "This opening is an excellent illustration of our ambition to make Boots a global brand and Alliance Boots a significant player in Asia. I am convinced that the group's presence and achievements in Thailand will be a great asset for our further expansion in the region."