- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
ZUG, Switzerland — Following reports in the media in Mexico and Chile of discussions between Alliance Boots and Grupo Casa Saba and its shareholders, Alliance Boots on Wednesday confirmed that it has stopped all discussions with Casa Saba and its shareholders in connection with an investment in Casa Saba or a purchase of certain of Casa Saba’s assets.
Alliance Boots' decision not to invest has been based on its inability to determine the current financial situation of Casa Saba, the company reported.
Casa Saba is a distributor of pharmaceutical, health, beauty and consumer products, as well as general merchandise and publications, in Mexico.